Summertime and the livin’ is easy. The farmer’s markets are filling with the summer’s best. White bean melon salad is a perfect combination of the melons coming into season now and a pantry staple of beans creating a filling meal on the quick.
I have to be honest, until I started moving towards plant-based eating, I never would have thought to combine fruit with beans in a salad. In fact, my response would have been that’s gross. I kept my fruit away from everything. How closed tasted I was!
Quick with a short ingredient list
This salad is quick with a short ingredient list. It can be pulled together in less than 15-minutes. All it is is: cantaloupe, cannellini beans, shallots, mint, white balsamic vinegar, and fresh pepper. While you don’t have to let the beans, shallots, and white balsamic vinegar sit together, I’d recommend it. It allows for the flavors to blend.
So simple and so fresh. And looks totally posh. A perfect summer meal. For another salad, try the roasted sweet potato lentil feta salad.
- - 2 15-oz cans cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- - 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- - 2 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- - Sea salt to taste
- - Freshly ground pepper to taste
- - 1 cantaloupe, seeded and peeled
- 1. Combine beans, shallots, mint, and vinegar tossing. Season with salt.
- 2. Arrange melon and top with bean mixture and freshly ground pepper.
Enthusiastic endorsement from me.
Thank you so much!