Simply Good Thai Shrimp Red Curry
This recipe of Thai Shrimp Red Curry will become one of your go-to meals. I know it has for me and my family looks forward for me to make it on a regular basis. Warm, filling, and flavorful. It is a comfort food.
Most of the ingredients you can find in the grocery stores chains like Food Lion today. The ingredient list is simple. Just shrimp, lemon grass, ginger, garlic, lime, coconut milk red pepper, red curry paste and cilantro. You can find the lemon grass in the fresh herb section of the grocery; it usually is in a package of one or two pieces. The preparation is simple as well. It is a delightful meal for any day of the week as well as for company.
Thai Shrimp Red Curry
- 2 cloves garlic minced or 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 stalks lemongrass, one stalk chopped finely and the other smashed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 1-inch piece of ginger minced or 1 teaspoon of squeezable ginger
- 1-2 green onion, sliced
- 1 lime
- 2 or more tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons of coconut palm sugar
- 1 14.5 oz unsweetened coconut milk
- bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 pound shrimp
- Prepare rice.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium to large pot.
- Sautee lemongrass, lime zest, garlic, white parts of the green onion, ginger, and red pepper until soft.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the red curry paste cooking until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk, smashed lemongrass, coconut palm sugar, and 1 cup of water cooking for 5 minutes stirring a few times.
- Season shrimp with salt then add to the curry stirring and letting until for 10 minutes or until shrimp is pink.
- Check seasoning adding salt or pepper if needed.
- Remove smashed lemongrass.
- Add half of cilantro and juice of half a lime.
- Ladle into bowls. Add rice on top. Garnish with lime and cilantro.