As the weather turns cooler and grayer, soup becomes more and more on the menu of the Van den Hurk house. I adore soup.
A favorite soup recipe of mine will heat up the cockles of your heart or at least clear your nose: spicy sausage tortellini soup. Super quick and easy:
– Package of hot Italian sausage (castings off) – you can use pork or turkey
– 2 cups water
– Package of tortellini – you can use ravioli or gnocchi.
– 14-oz can of beef broth – you can use chicken or veg broths.
– 14.5-oz can of Italian-style stewed tomatoes – undrained
– Grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Cook sausage in large Dutch oven and cook until browned.
And then add everything else except for the cheese. Bring to a boil then simmer until tortellini floats to the top.
Ladle soup into bowls then add the cheese.
And there’s a quick, filling meal.