Chocolate Nice Cream
Ice Cream! Ice Cream…
We all scream for ice cream! Especially in the summertime. The heat is on here in Newport so chocolate nice cream is welcome in our house. Recently I made mango sorbet and it turned out yummy so I decided to find out if I can make vegan chocolate ice cream. We love ice cream especially chocolate in our house. As we are eating more plant-based, it is important I can introduce “normal” foods familiar to my guys.
Chocolate Ice Cream is Easy
Yes, it is to my joy. Made with three ingredients: frozen bananas, plant milk, and cacao powder. That’s it. What I love about this recipe and the sorbet is it is ready to eat once done blending. You just need to remember to slice and freeze ripening bananas to have on hand, but other than that it is immediate gratification. Always appreciated when craving ice cream. Another thing I love about it is that it is healthy. You can have your ice cream and eat it too!!
A couple tips:
– Let the bananas thaw for a couple minutes
– Use quality cacao powder for a really luxe ice cream
– Put in freezer for that perfect consistency
My dairy forever son and my toughest food critic gave me two thumbs up. He couldn’t stop eating it.
- - 5-6 medium-sized bananas or 2 cups, cut into slices and frozen
- - 1-2 tablespoons plant milk
- - 1-2 tablespoons cocoa, cacao, or carob powder
- 1. In a food processor or high speed blender, blend the slightly thawed bananas until they start to get smooth.
- 2. Through the chute, add 1 tablespoon of plant milk and more if needed.
- 3. Scrape down the sides and add in the cacao.
- 4. Allow it to process again for another 3-4 minutes, or until fluffy and smooth. You may need to open and scrape down the sides periodically.
- 5. Eat right there or put in air tight container in freezer.