5 Ingrediant Quick Chicken Parmesan
Yes, 5 Ingredient Quick Chicken Parmesan
Chicken Parmesan is, I believe one of the top ten, comfort foods. Mention it to anyone and their mouth waters with the verbal response of “yum.” We love this dish; however, we order it out. I decided that needed to change. I needed to make it. There are two ways to make it. The traditional way of homemade sauce and breaded chicken or the lazy way. I can do both ways, but I decided that the lazy way was the best option for a busy weekday evening. There is no shame in taking shortcuts in meal prep as long as you still use quality ingredients.
The five ingredients are chicken, mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning, tomato sauce, and pasta. I pulled this dish off from everything I had in my pantry, fridge, and freezer. Chicken I use is natural and I like it do the smaller size giving you a more correct serving size. The pasta sauce I use when I don’t have time to make it myself is Rao’s. I think one of the best sauces you can get out of a jar. It is more expensive, but worth it in taste. I decided not to be traditional and bread my chicken breasts, but instead to season them well with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Key to a good chicken parm is pounding the chicken breast until thin thens cooking it in olive oil until it gets brown. Adding the warm tomato sauce around the chicken topping with lots of mozzarella and putting it under the broiler. The thing about the mozzarella is you need to be generous with it. It is no good if there is not a long string of melted mozzarella from your plate to your mouth.
5 Ingredient Quick Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 4 small chicken breasts pounded thin
- Italian seasoning
- Fresh mozzarella cheese sliced
- 3-4 cups or a jar of tomato sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Reheat pasta sauce on low heat.
- Preheat broiler on high.
- Heat olive oil in oven-proof pan over medium heat.
- Pound chicken breast until thin.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings
- Fry chicken for 10 minutes browning both sides.
- Add tomato sauce covering chicken.
- Top with mozzarella.
- Place under broiler for 3-5 minutes or until melted.
- Serve with pasta and tomato sauce.