Quick Vegetarian Cauliflower Chickpea Curry
Vegetarian Cauliflower Chickpea Curry is the perfect starter curry
This is one of my favorite vegetarian curries. Vegetarian Cauliflower Chickpea Curry is a quick and simple with two handfuls of ingredients. Perfect for a busy weekday meal. And it is a perfect starter curry for folks who have never made an Indian meal before. Or a great Meatless Monday dinner.
All the ingredients can be found in your local grocery store. Many you have already in your pantry: onions, canned chickpeas and tomatoes. Or you should. But that’s for a different post that I should write about what should be in your pantry to make quick, easy, and healthy meals with only a 15 minute stop at the grocery to pick up fresh veggies or herbs.
Back to this easy curry. It is an old stand-by. I service it with other Indian dishes such as Lazy Veggie Korma, homemade samosas, or slow cooker butter chicken if you want a feast or serving a crowd.
- - 1 tablespoon olive oil
- - 2 teaspoons of yellow curry powder
- - 1 medium yellow onion,
- - 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- - 1 15-ounce can, rinsed and drained
- - 1 head cauliflower, cored, florets separated
- - 1 15-ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- - 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- - Generous turns of the pepper mill
- - 1 bay leaf
- - 1/2 cup water
- - Bunch chopped cilantro (leaves and young stems)
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- - Add curry powder letting cook until fragrant.
- - Add the onion then sauté until softened.
- - Add ginger, chickpeas, tomatoes, cauliflower, bay leaf, salt, pepper, and water.
- - Bring to a simmer then lower the heat and cover.
- - Cook 20 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
- - Mix in cilantro.
- - Serve with naan or rice.