Super Quick Meal Braised Cabbage with Turkey Sausage
Today was one of those days where I was not in the mood to cook. Nor was I in the mood to break out the Pizza Hut app and order pizza even thought it is Wednesday and they have 1/2 hot wings. It was really tempting. Like really. I was strong and thought quickly on my feet since I had to go to the grocery store to get milk and straws.
What could I make that didn’t take a lot of preparation and ingredients?
Braised cabbage with turkey sausage was the answer. Only five ingredients if you add some boiled or fried potatoes. Everything within one aisle of each other in the grocery store making a quick grab and go meal. I use coleslaw mix in the bag and packaged smoked turkey sausage. While the finished photo does not do the meal justice and frankly looks a bit weird, it is mighty tasty in a “the weather is getting cold” way.
Braised Cabbage with Turkey Sausage Recipe
- 1 14oz bag classic coleslaw mix
- Several twists for the pepper mill
- 1/2 – 1 cup of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 13oz package smoked sausage
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Sautee coleslaw mix until softened.
- Add pepper, broth, and Dijon mustard mixing.
- Nest sausage in the coleslaw mixture cooking until throughly heated in about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with more mustard and potatoes.