Super Simple and Sexy Flounder on a Bed of Mushrooms
Got your attention with super simple and sexy. I don’t know how long I have had this recipe for flounder. Believe I picked it up while in the Netherlands either a fish monger or the Albert Heijn grocery store. The recipe originally called for Sole and that’s really hard to come by in the US. Flounder is the next best fish to use in this recipe. It is widely available in the freezer section of most US grocery stores.
It has been years since I last made this fish recipe. I found it as I was looking through my old overstuffed recipe binder. The recipe was in Dutch so I have done my best to transcribe it into English.
Now back to the super simple and sexy part. This really is a simple dish. Perfect to impress that special person or persons. Perfect for a date night. All it is flounder, salt, ground pepper, lemon juice, mushrooms, butter, onion, parsley, and white wine. Fresh ingredients that are available at most grocery stores. The recipe is fairly healthy and a bit of butter now and again never really killed anyone… or at least they died happy knowing they enjoyed the meal. It can be served with mashed potatoes and a vegetable.
Looks completely luxurious and tastes that way.
Flounder in a Mushroom Wine Sauce Recipe
- 4 Flounder Fillets
- 1 lemon juiced
- Ground Pepper
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2-4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- Handful of parsley chopped finely
- Glass of white wine
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Butter an oven-proof baking dish setting aside.
- Rinse and dry the flounder fillets.
- Rub salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Heat butter in pan over medium heat.
- Saute mushrooms and onion until softened.
- Place cooked mushroom mixture in it.
- Fold the flounder fillets in half then place on the mushrooms.
- Add the white wine then the parsley.
- Bake in oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and cooking sauce.