Looking for some plant-based comfort food for cold fall nights? Creamy Kale Butter Bean Gnocchi fits the bill. One of new favorite meals. With our schedules, a quick easy weekday meals are essential. This not only comfort food, but quick and easy.
There is something so comforting about a big bowl of something delicious as the days get shorter and colder. Creamy Kale Butter Bean Gnocchi is a one-pot meal with a handful of ingredients. Outside of the kale, it is made with pantry items. Just gnocchi, kale, broth, beans, minced garlic, milk, butter, and parmesan cheese. That’s it. And it can be make in less than 25 mins. A quick, easy home cooked meal that’s faster than delivery.
Now I’m not going to say it is healthy as it does have milk and butter… and just because it is vegan products doesn’t mean it is low fat or low calorie. But it is awfully good. Again comfort food. You can make it with dairy or plant-based products. I made it plant-based and my guys couldn’t tell the difference. It is all about the blending of the simple flavors. All I used was garlic, salt, and pepper, but yet it bursts with flavor.
If you want to have a special meal, then you can make your own gnocchi. Making your own gnocchi isn’t as hard as you think. And it is a fun family activity. The homemade gnocchi recipe makes a few servings and that freeze well; however, packaged gnocchi works well. And that’s what I’ve been using as I haven’t been motivated to make my own and I lack freezer space. I used spinach one; because that’s the only kind Aldi had when I ran it to get bread and didn’t really want to stop into another grocery store. It turned out quite nice. You could say that the meal was brought to you by the color green. Don’t be afraid to try different kinds of gnocchi as well as kale. I like lacinato kale, but use whatever you have available to you. Just chop it well so it cooks quickly.
Give Creamy Kale Butter Bean Gnocchi a try.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup plant milk like oat milk
- 2 tablespoons vegan unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces gnocchi
- 3 cups chopped fresh kale
- 1 (15 oz) can butter beans, drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2. Add garlic; stir constantly for 1 minute until fragrant.
- 3. Add broth, milk, butter and salt and pepper to taste.
- 4. Add gnocchi; stir to combine stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes until gnocchi is soft.
- 5. Stir in kale, beans and Parmesan cheese.
- 6. Cook until kale is just wilted.
- 7. Serve with more grated Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.