Simple and Fresh Cookless Tomato Sauce
Yes, you read that correctly a cookless tomato sauce. Tomato sauce is often thought of as something that simmers on the stove for hours on a Sunday afternoon. Not so. This is a much lighter version of the traditional cooked tomato sauce. Like the traditional sauce, this uses fresh ingredients. In fact, this recipe for cookless tomato sauce has only six ingredients: tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and basil.
Cookless Tomato Sauce
- 12 oz angel hair or thin spaghetti
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic chopped
- 3/4 salt
- A couple of turns of the pepper grinder
- A bunch of fresh basil
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the directions
- In a food processor or blender, combine the tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and basil. Pulse until combined.
- Toss the pasta with the tomato sauce topping with Parmesan cheese and chopped basil.