Super Quick and Simple Cheddar Cauliflower Soup
Cheddar Cauliflower Soup is a super quick, simple, and tasty vegetarian meal for a busy weekday or a lazy weekend. Done in as little as 30 minutes with a handful of ingredients. That is the beauty of this recipe is it is so quick and simple with amazing flavors. It is rich and hearty.
I originally found this recipe in the William Sonoma catalog years ago. It has become one of our top five soups we regularly have on our table during the winter. I have swapped out ingredients to make it vegetarian as well as used white pepper. It is a flexible soup allowing you to use broths and diary you have on had.
Just add some crusty bread. If you are feeling fancy or have a crowd, then a cheese and/or charcuterie board could be added. A warm and yummy dinner is served.
Cheddar Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 head cauliflower, about 2 1/2 lb., cut into florets
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste (1 teaspoon of white pepper give a lovely flavor.)
- 8 oz. white cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, until light golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, cream, the 2 tsp. salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the cauliflower is easily pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup to a fine puree, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cheese and stir until melted and well combined with the soup.
- Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.