BBQ Chickpea Salad is a Rainbow
Rainbows make everyone smile. BBQ chickpea salad is a rainbow of colors, textures, and tastes. A family favorite salad meal that delights my guys and it is meatless. We love our salads in this house especially in the summertime.
Calling this a dump salad is doing it a disservice, but it is chop and toss. Just looking at the salad makes me smile with the layers of colors. Packed with lots of veg such as corn, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, and lettuce. Warmed chickpeas in BBQ sauce tops it.
Simple and quick week day meal.
Weekdays can be busy any time of year, but when it is hot outside, I like to keep it easy. I use canned corn and grate my carrots, but you can use fresh corn and slice the carrots. We like blue cheese dressing (not vegan), but ranch works well with it. Do whatever works for you.
Looking for another great salad to enjoy during the summer? Try a bread salad.
- - 3 heads romaine lettuce
- - 1 English cucumber sliced
- - 2-4 tomatoes chopped
- - 1 can corn rinsed and drained
- - 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- - BBQ sauce to coat chickpeas
- - Blue Cheese or Ranch dressing
- - Rinse and drain corn and chickpeas.
- - Chop lettuce, cucumber, and tomatoes.
- - Heat chickpeas and BBQ sauce.
- - Toss dressing with salad.
- - Top salad with chickpeas.