Basic Italian Vinaigrette, Just Make It
I am a salad dressing snob since I started making my own about five years ago. I do not usually have bottled salad dressings outside of real blue cheese dressing in my fridge. I prefer to make my own dressing now such as buttermilk-basil dressing. The flavor is so much better and fresher tasting. There isn’t a fake aftertaste.
Just takes a couple of minutes longer than it does to shake the bottle. So why not just make your own?
This basic Italian Vinaigrette will dress the Simple Pasta Salad recipe.
- 1.5 cups olive oil
- 3.4 cup white wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Generous pinch dried oregano
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl and whisk until blended.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Makes enough to dress the Simple Pasta Salad.